- This event has passed.
OUT On The Runway – Queer Art & Fashion Show
June 24 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
OUT Central Oregon Presents: OUT On The Runway – Queer Art & Fashion Show @MidTown Ballroom
Supporting and uplifting the LGTBQIA+ community is always OUT Central Oregon’s ultimate goal – highlight queer art in Central Oregon
Event is June 24th 6:30-10pm
Set up 6pm-6:30pm. Take down 10pm-10:30pm. Happening before the runway show. Artists bring art (including setup such as tables, chairs, art displays), to showcase before fashion show. Artists are responsible for selling their art, including cash handling. Deadline to sign up is midnight, May 31st.
There are 3 categories each model will participate in: Swimwear, Camp, & Showstopper. Each model must create their own look, with no help from anyone else. Each outfit must be 80% self-made, and the remaining 20% can be purchased – This gives room for accessories like shoes or purses, much like in Project Runway. There will be 4 judges critiquing the models’ craftsmanship and design, and will ultimately decide who the winners are of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes, which are as follows:
1st place is $1000, 2nd is $500, 3rd is $250
To be considered, each model must submit a sketch of each of their 3 looks by midnight, May 31st.